Friday, March 26, 2004

The events in my day that really marked moments of it!

1- I went to the university early this morning, we had conferences, very interesting, I made contacts for future research. On my way out the university, I meet one of my high school friends that we have lost contact. It was like yesterday, when we meet. He recognized me, as well I did, very sharply. Unfortunately, he is going away for a long time, so we wont see each other anytime soon again!
2- After the encounter, I headed toward the hospital were I work. However, I have chosen a different road that usual, so I passed by my old high school, and my old neighbourhood. Old memories revised. In 10 years, not much has been changed, except me. I was older.
3- I got to the hospital, worked some hours, had more meetings, and learned a bit more about myself, but this time, more on my strength and less on my weaknesses.
4- The day was over, and I had a great conversation with my mentor, over in Vancouver.
5- I decided to organize my self for a bit more reading than usual, so I left the house at around 7pm. I was heading a coffee place so as usual to read and have an aromatic coffee. Sometimes, I take tea, it is relaxing.
6- At around 9ish, I went to this burger place for supper. I had a craving for burgers. It was then when I noticed this guy suffering from heart attack. I managed to help the guy, I guess I helped. We finally ended up talking until 11:30pm. I found that he was diagnosed with leukemia. It reminded me of my grandfather and death of my high school sweet heart. This guy was amazing, ex-cup, ex-hockey player, and I guess ex-monk as he told me. He was not that old. I learned a lot from him. Unfortunately, I had to come home and study more, and I was afraid to miss the bus, so I had to say good-bye to him, I felt he was disappointed. I hope he be ok!
7- On the way home, taking one part metro, I noticed a guy getting out the metro, but he was fully drunk, I think, and he passed out, and banged his head to the moving metro. People on the exterior of the metro, picked him up, but I am not sure if he survived form the impact and or the overdose.
Such a day it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home