Monday, October 22, 2007

Have you ever wondered why….

The other day I was watching a movie that suddenly I realized that there is a commune pattern in this movie with others I have seen. This one was about an animal that let a little kid to ride on her/his back.

After reflecting a bit and getting perspective from our life with animals, generally speaking, I realized that in real life, we also get a ride from an animal. For instance, we get a ride from dolphins, or we ride a camel, a donkey, a horse, a cow, or an elephant. After further thinking, I realized, we human categorize animals as smart or not-so-smart. For instance, we consider dolphins as very intelligent, and donkey as a lesser indigent. However, we ride both of them. We ride the elephant at the zoo, the dolphins at the aquarium or amusement parks, and the hours as a mean to entertainment.

More, after I have looked at the behavior, reminiscent of how are we starting at getting on the back of the animal to enjoy the ride, either as a pleasure or accomplishing a task or a mean of transportation; I become conscious that maybe the only animal that actually allows us to ride with him, is the camel. This can be observed when the animal actually sits on the floor so we can jump on his back for the ride.

Now that we have some perspective regarding the issue, I am going to point to one question. How is it that some animals, maybe by instinct, maybe learned, show us joy in taking us on their back for a ride?! I might be completely wrong, but in movies, I have never seen an animal being angry when allowing a kid to ride their back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home