Friday, April 16, 2004

The end! How does it matter?
Controversial issues exist all over our life, but there is one that made me to reflect a bit, which is the question of after life. It is commune to many cultures that after one is deceased, they announce the dreadful non-controllable event in the newspaper. In addition, they advertise for a gathering or a ceremony for in memory of the one whom past away. And that is exactly what makes me to ponder. First hand, why do we advertise for these ceremonies in newspaper (for the most part), and second, why do we gather-up.
In response to the second question, I would say, maybe is a singe of respect we have for the dead people! Why do we respect them when they are dead as much as when they are alive, is a mystery to human nature.
In response to the first question, I would have to say; if by advertising in the media, one’s death would help to gather up more people, that would not be a respectful thing to do to the dead person, so is the problem. I elaborate, if I have friends and family members that care for me, therefore, they call me often before I pass away, and so are knowledgeable of my health state and if I am soon not being among them. But if there are people that are not close to me, and they talk to me maybe once a year, I wonder why would we need to announce my death to them. And if one explains that further, the reason for them not being to call often is because of their occupation and life style, well I would say, they have chosen to be that way, and I guess by reading the newspaper they give more time and respect to dead people than the one alive. But, if I passy away due to age factor, then family and freinds are also at the same age range and so advertising this circumstance would also add more stress to their life, saying that watch out, you are next.
So you be the judge, and make sure you respect the living and in time get and ask for the same respect from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home