Tuesday, May 25, 2004

In memory of old times!

It is Friday, I am still in the lab, not organic one, but rather a graduate lab, pertains to clinical research. It is after 7:00pm.
I was hoping to get out of the research area and get closer to my own personality, close to my skin. Not that I am complaining about what I do, and people around me, but rather, it is Friday evening and I am still working.
It was then after an hour later that I remembered my undergraduate years, specially my college time.
Back few years ago, maybe about 10 years ago, friends and I working in an organic chemistry lab, after hours, and the technician was kicking us out.
It was me and another friend that we were talking about it in the bus, once left the lab, on the way home. We were neighbours. We were asking, are we going to have all Fridays working like this, late after hours, in our life? Not sure, at this time how to answer this question that we asked way back.
My friend is an endocrinologist researcher that just got married, and, I am not sure what I am yet! And I don’t know how would he be responding to this question at this time. But I know one thing that I have worked my weekends and holidays, many hours, that back then I was not dreaming of. It is more than 4 years now that I have not had a real holiday, and worked and studied weekends, not the regular hours, but rather 12 to 16 hours a day. We call that a workaholic. You are the judge.
I think many more years to come, I will still be doing this, unless……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home