Sunday, June 13, 2004

This is a bit sad

I am going to make a comparison. Some time ago, in one of my writing I mention of a situation at which you are at your last gulp of air, that your last wishes is to go back to your projects, unfinished or new ones (refer to “How would the end look like to you?”). But, I did not mention that if you are maybe just like me, your project would be to have a meal that you highly enjoy, or a special wine that you have kept in your old cupboard behind the other cups for so long, so to share it with a loved one. It could be an open wine that once stimulated your heart with love. Just remembering of the times spent loving, lovely ladies, their warmth, their passions. All that can be of the few of the last minute projects, or an ongoing project with the lover that is at your side, during this last days or minutes of your life. A lover which with so much passion hand in hand have followed you through hard and soft times of your life. She followed you through raising children and grand children, if you are lucky, of course. Keeping this in mind, I must say that I am not at that stage of my life yet, but I have experienced something that can be seen as one of the last minute things, that I shortly mentioned. So I explain.
When I was at a distant place to where I am now, I did not know that I will be moving to this new place, far from family and loved ones. I had my meal and good times with friends and all. Until the time I have found that I have to move. A major change was in store. I had no time to think of what I would like to do or eat or etc. The only thing that was in my mind was pack, happily, and has a last minute warm good-buy with friends and relatives. Time was short, maybe 48 hours. I could fit-in only few friends and lovers, but most of the close family members. Wow, nearly 200 people. I have forgotten about my self, my desire, did I? Well I have forgotten the things that I liked to eat or to drink, or to wear. I have forgotten about the last meal that my mom made for me, shame on me; I had no idea that would be the last meal I will have from that house. I so want to have her making that special recipe she used to make for me, and every time, she used to say, grow up, when I am not there, who will make this for you. Well I guess, that was the last time I was eating the food, and I am not sure when would be next.
The comparison is clear; it is not about having a wanted meal at the last minute or being with people dear to your heart and having projects with them. It is about that you have no idea of what is next, after the last minutes or days of your life. You don’t know what to expect. So 2 notion comes to my mind. First, if I don’t know where I am going next, what kind of provision would I need to bring with me. And second, if we are not sure when the major change is to occur, so we must enjoy every day, like it is the last day. Not that we must go over board, but rather appreciate what life has for us in store. I wished I could have thanked my mom, a bit differently. I am not sure if I can elaborate more on the topic, but if you have any more suggestion, let me know, I can not think of any more point at this time….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home